Monday, March 19, 2012

Relay For Life.

Thanks to the great people that I work with at Newton Federal, we have started a team to help raise money for Relay For Life this year.  I have started a personal fundraising page with a starter goal to raise $500.00.  I know my friends and family will help me top that amount easy.  The donations go to help fight cancer, which is a disease that touches EVERYONE in one way or the other.  It has especially touched my wife Becky's family, losing her mom Jodi 13 years ago to colon cancer.  I know that Jodi's life and fight with cancer glorified God and touched so many lives.  It brings an awareness to God's sovereignty and even a "losing" battle with cancer magnifies His power to us.  Also, I believe in God’s power to heal, by miracle and by medicine. I believe it is good to pray for both kinds of healing. Cancer is not wasted when it is healed by God.  He gets the glory when this happens too and that is why cancer exists.
I believe Relay For Life is one way that God uses the hearts and minds of people to help heal cancer.  I am honored to be a part of this fundraising this year and hope my friends and family join with me on this.  Here is the link to my Personal Donation Page.  Thank y'all in advance!
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=27107198&pg=personal&fr_id=39870

No comments:

Post a Comment