Saturday, June 23, 2012

Scripture & Photographs

            I had an idea for an addition to my blog.  Nolan can have some of the credit because here lately he has been very intrigued by the legends of Major League Baseball.  It all started with a series of kids' books we read that involved the ghosts of Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and Mickey Mantle.  Ever since we read those he has wanted to learn more about these players and that important time in baseball.  His uncle Luke spurred on his interest by showing him more of these men in some Hall of Fame books.  My little man loves baseball.  I reckon growing up around professional baseball is the reason for his "obsession".  Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.  We have a lot of memories at the ballfields and a few photographs of our own.  My favorite being a particular one at Harbor Park in Norfolk.  Nolan is probably 20 months old, holding a plastic bat and running the bases with me after the game.  He really enjoyed those trips around the infield. 
           Back to my addition to the blog, it can be found at the bottom of the page below the posts.  I plan on adding pictures as I find them.  I will find cool photographs of hall of fame players and attach some sort of scripture to it that is relative.  For instance, today I added a great shot of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.  It is a close-up of their faces, with both having intense focus in their eyes.  The scripture attached is from Revelations when it talks about God's face.  The fire in his eyes.  My hope is that everyone enjoys the picture, reads the scripture and then heads to their Bible to read the context around the verse.  Then the Holy Spirit can lead where He wants from there.  The Bible is the Word of God, our way to hear His voice now.  He has everything to say in this book and any way I can lead others to open it is a plus.  So scroll on down after you read this and check out my gallery I have gotten started on.  Feel free to comment about the pictures or on anything that the scripture says to you.  Those comments can be made on this post.  Enjoy!
That is my pitch for today.  Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment