Friday, February 25, 2011

How about that?

Part of the reason I started this blog was to find Gospel truths in some of my favorite country songs. (even if it wasn't the songwriters' intentions)  Well, after some researching today it seems that there is another blog that does precisely this.  I have been a "fan" of Moore to the Point blog after reading a great article a few months ago.  He is a pastor named Russell D. Moore and after becoming a fan then, I hadn't gone back to the blog since.  Come to find out, he also has a podcast called The Cross and the Jukebox where he relates religion and music.  Going back through his archives I see he has applied this concept on a few classic country songs.  I still plan on trying to do this some, but I will stay away from songs he has already done.  He doesn't really write about it, he talks about it in audio links.  He does have a very good blog if anyone is interested.  Here is the link to his latest Cross and the Jukebox link and post.
http://www.russellmoore.com/2011/02/25/the-cross-and-the-jukebox-the-great-speckled-bird/

No comments:

Post a Comment