Monday, April 30, 2012

Paul/Jesus Conversation

I ran across this example on a blog I stumbled upon.  It is a short conversation between the Apostle Paul and Jesus, using scripture from John 1:17 and Rom 8:15 as talking points.  Very cool dialogue worth sharing.  Enjoy.

Paul: It is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

Jesus: Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope.

Paul: Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

Jesus: I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners. My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

Jesus' words should be a comfort for sinners.  Because He is strong, we are free to be weak.  Because He Won, we are free to lose.  Because He came to save sinners we should come to his table and drink, as Robert Capon* called it, 2000 year old, "two-hundred proof Grace".  It's all Grace, we have nothing to offer.  Turn your religious half-hearted efforts into joyful obedience knowing that "It is Finished" by Grace alone because He loved you!

*Blog on Robert Capon excerpt link:  http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tullian/2012/04/29/two-hundred-proof-grace/

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment